NomuraDS have been manufacturing quality sliding head lathes in Korea and Japan for over 70 years, with over 14,000 machines now sold. The high precision, durability and innovation of the products is perfect for large volume production of aerospace, medical, motorsport, telecommunications and electronics industries. Nomura also manufacture drill/tap centres which are based on their latest design and technology, such as independently controlled twin spindles.
The outstanding characteristics of Nomura sliding heads make them ideal for unmanned machining, usually linked to automatic long-bar feeders. Fast tool / insert set-ups are easily and quickly achieved with a pre-setter, with high rapid feed rates further maximising machine availability for mass production.
Unlike most competitors machines, the popular Ø20mm capacity lathes have 11 tools on the sub-spindle models (6 off I.D., 2 off O.D. and 3 off cross tools), offering higher capability on more complex parts.
Within the J Series of 8 - 10 axis machine models, the XB-Type C is equipped with a double B axis, one on the main spindle and one on the sub-spindle, this unique feature providing an unparalleled tool approach path to the workpiece.
There are many other advantages and machine options on Nomura machines to help unmanned machining for U.K. manufacturers, such as;
- a wide choice of models from small to large diameters and multi-axis variations
- long or short automatic barfeeders, simple or advanced with remote monitoring
- 120 bar high pressure coolant systems to maximise use of modern cutting tools
- parts catchers, bins and conveyors to accumulate finished parts in high volumes
- 3/5 spindle drilling units, tooling packages, breakage detectors and other options
- choice of CNC control systems for compatibility with existing programmes
For more information on Nomura visit the Products page or alternatively follow us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.